Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman spoke with NBC in an effort to quell reports that he has lost his NBA millions and is in failing health.
Rodman’s lawyer claimed he was broke and sick in court papers filed during a case concerning spousal and child support payments. A report by the Los Angeles Times said that Rodman owed $808,935 in support for two children he had with his third wife. It was also noted that Rodman owes $51,441 in spousal support, according to his lawyer.
In an interview on the television show Today, Rodman denied both claims.
“I am not a deadbeat dad.” Rodman said. “Yeah, I pay child support. I’m not one of the guys that made Michael Jordan money or Scottie Pippen money. I made a decent living in the NBA, but broke? I’m not broke.”
Rodman has always been known as a partier, a fact that made it easy for many to believe rumors that he was sick. Rodman told Today he has no health problems.
“I’m not sick, man. People have had those allegations about me since ’95,” Rodman said. “ ‘Dennis parties a lot, Dennis does this.’ I’m going to do what I do. I’ve proved people wrong from day one, I’m still proving people wrong that the fact that I’m still loving it.”
- Keri Hilson Celebrates Her Birthday mediacheckout.net/2012/12/keri-h… 4 years ago
- Chief Keef Slapped With Child Support Papers mediacheckout.net/2012/12/chief-… 4 years ago
- Diddy Drops A Big Hint That Cassie pregnant mediacheckout.net/2012/12/diddy-… 4 years ago
- Karrueche Spotted Driving Chris Brown’s Porsche Panamera mediacheckout.net/2012/12/karrue… 4 years ago
- Chris Brown Apologizes For Weed Pics mediacheckout.net/2012/12/chris-… 4 years ago